Thursday, January 2, 2014

Various Common Types of Single Faucets which You can Use in Bathroom and Kitchen

Single Faucets are types of faucets where the water only flows from one spout.

[caption id="attachment_359" align="aligncenter" width="500"]Sanliv single handle kitchen faucet models Sanliv single handle kitchen faucet models[/caption]

Single Faucets are the way most bathtubs are manufactured. The water flows from a single spout that is mounted in the wall. If the bathtub is part of a tub and shower combination, there will also be a shower head above where you can wash your hair. There are three different types of temperature controls available for bathtubs.

Single Faucets can have a single lever on the handle that turns the water on or may have separate hot and cold handles.

Single Faucets

[caption id="attachment_361" align="aligncenter" width="500"]Single Lever Mixing Faucet Images Single Lever Mixing Faucet Images[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_360" align="aligncenter" width="450"]Single handle wall mount kitchen faucet with spray hose design Single handle wall mount kitchen faucet with spray hose design[/caption]

Single faucet in the kitchen work slightly different than bathtub faucets. The faucet itself is sold in a lot of styles from the arching swan neck type to the wall mounted variety. For the swan neck style faucet, the water source is underneath the sink and flows up through the neck and out of the faucet head. The wall mounted variety has a straight pipe that comes out of the wall and then arches slightly so the water will flow into the sink.

The most common types of bar faucets are single faucets. Typically the sink basin is much smaller than a regular kitchen sink and there is also only one basin instead of the normal two in a kitchen sink. The faucets are often manufactured in the same way and use either lever handles or separate hot and cold temperature controls.

Lavatories are another area that may use single faucets. Many lavatories use basin style sink vessels which require a much taller faucet. To accommodate for the added height, the faucet may either be a swan neck style or a pump style. The swan neck style faucet is usually just a smaller version of the kitchen style. The pump style faucet is a tall cylinder with the actual faucet jutting out over the basin.

Single Faucets


Post a Comment